The Bottom Line
* Original piano/synth riffs included
* Vocals emulate those of Chester Bennington & Mike Shinoda
* Variety of mixes to suit different tastes
* Heavy Euro-style beat feels cheesy
* Average remix length: 5:30
* Label: Capp Records
* Remixes by: Handz Up, Re-Fuge, Alex Gap, Raindropz!, Topless, DJ Lanai, Illuminatorz
* Vocals by: Kristian Sandberg
* Released: May 2009
Guide Review - Jan Wayne vs. Raindropz! - "Numb"
When it comes to covering the heartfelt and heavy Linkin Park track "Numb," it is a daunting project. Taking anything that is ROCK as much as this track is and attempting to put it on the dance floor is a challenge in itself. The vocalist that Capp Records got, Kristian Sandberg, emulates singer Chester Bennington's growl rather well. He also tackles the speaking parts originally done by rapper Mike Shinoda. This is a great starting point for assembling the mixes, which all complement Sandberg's delivery. The piano melody and synth riff found in the original are also present in all of the mixes, which allows all of them to feel familiar. That is an important aspect of handling a project like this, allowing the listeners to feel that they are included in the process. Dropping important parts like those instruments might make the listener feel alienated. As for the remixes, I find two to stand above the rest.